Get the monochrome look for your home
Black is back for autumn and winter interiors, so set it off with a little white, says Emma Harrowing.
Monochrome is a classic look for your home. In previous incarnations of this trend, the black and white was offset with bold red and then fuchsia pink – this year the colour has been drained from the palette to leave just black and white.
Get the look by painting the walls of a room white and looking for black, white and monochrome accessories. If you want to invest in this look, go for plain black or white furniture and add pattern through rugs, curtains, cushions and accessories.
If black and white is a little too harsh, add beige into the mix or look for beige and black flooring and accessories to give a muted tone to the traditional monochrome look.
Finally, have fun if you want to add a bit of colour to your room – look for pieces in autumn's berry colours of burgundy or purple, vibrant emerald green or spicy mustard to bring an accent colour to your room.
When all is said and done the monochrome look doesn't have to be just black and white.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 3 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 4 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 5 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 6 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 7 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 8 'It drives my wife crazy' - See inside Norwich fan's footy mancave
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
For more design inspiration take a look at our pick of some of the best monochrome pieces available from the shops by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.