Get on trend for the new season
In two weeks' time retailers and designers will showcase their autumn and winter collections at Norwich Fashion Week. Emma Harrowing takes a sneak peek at next season's big trends.
There are only two weeks to go before the independent retailers fashion show opens the second Norwich Fashion Week and already there is a buzz of excitement about what will the main trends of the week.
Berry colours, retro looks and knitwear all featured heavily on the catwalks in London, Paris and Milan and it looks like these trends will come through at Norwich Fashion Week.
Then there is the androgynous style as girls become boys with chinos, shirts and paired down cardigans or blazers, and the transitional summer to autumn look as this season's maxi skirt becomes next season's must-have item when it is layered with a compulsory knit.
Texture is also a trend. Quilted jackets bring the country look to the city, and faux fur adds a glamorous retro look.
You may also want to watch:
Talking of retro styles, vintage is tipped to be a big trend at Norwich Fashion Week with 1950s and 1960s attire required for the special screening of Breakfast at Tiffany's at Cinema City, vintage looks from Poppy Valentine at the launch fashion show, and a vintage vibe from Antidote, Goldfinches and Prim Vintage at the Norwich Lanes fashion show, not to mention the vintage day at The Library Restaurant.
The high street is also following a retro revival. Mini skirts and dresses inspired by the 1960s Twiggy look and 1930s glamour are part of many collections from the main stores and the new silhouette is classic, confident and deliciously alluring.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
See the Life Matters preview of some of the trends tipped to be top of the style list at fashion week by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.