Get knitted out for winter…
Bring back the days when your nan knitted you those Fair Isle jumpers as knitwear is one of the hottest looks for winter, says Emma Harrowing.
Brrrrr, it's cold outside but what better excuse to layer yourself in this season's knitwear look.
Chunky and Fair Isle knits rule in jumper dresses, cardigans, tights, hats and gloves. Layer the look by mixing in fur, checks and leather for an explosive look that will see you through the fireworks and beyond.
Chunky knits can look cumbersome if you are bigger on top, so cheat your way through the winter season by layering textured thin knits or wear a thin knit jumper dress with a Fair Isle print on the bottom (mail order company Simply Be or high street chain Espirit have some gorgeous ones).
If you really want to set some fireworks off wear a jumper dress or a pair of city shorts teamed with a cropped jumper, with a pair of patterned tights and boots. Fur-lined or lace-up boots will give you a fiery edge.
You may also want to watch:
For men the look is more country-meets-city with bootcut jeans or chinos teamed with Fair Isle zip-through jumpers. Layer with a check shirt or a logo T-shirt and remember your chunky lace-up boots for added brownie points.
Outerwear is flying out of the shops like a rocket, so invest in a good statement coat to see you through the chilliest of nights. For men on a budget, Life Matters loves Primark's parka, but if you want to invest in a coat that will last you a good few firework displays the Ted Baker double breasted coat will keep you warm in style.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 5 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
For all you women out there the coat of the season (apart from the camel) is the faux fur. If you don't want to wear too much faux fur why not wear a fur-lined gilet instead?
Finish your look off with Fair Isle mittens and hats, and the must-have accessory of the winter season – the snood.
Take a look at the range of knitwear available from our city's shops by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.