Get in your entries for fourth Norwich eco awards
Time is running out for Norwich businesses, schools and community groups to show their green credentials.
The closing date for entries for the fourth eco awards, set up by the city council and supported by the Evening News, is this Friday January 27.
Among the applications so far is an entry from the NHS Trust Norfolk Community Health who have introduced a new recycling scheme at their office in Elliot House on Ber Street.
Grapes Hill Community Garden has also put forward an impressive entry.
The group has turned a piece of derelict land on Valentine Street off Dereham Road into a thriving garden.
You may also want to watch:
All entrants to the eco awards will be invited to a ceremony at City Hall hosted by the Lord Mayor of Norwich on March 1.
There are four categories in the awards, eco school, eco community group, eco small business (less than 50 staff) and eco large business (more than 50 staff).
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 4 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
•Apply online at www.norwich.gov.uk and click on the eco awards logo. Alternatively, call Claire Tullett on 01603 212545 or email email@example.com
The awards are only open to organisations in the Norwich City Council area.