Fundraising was on the menu for Norwich group’s buffet and quiz night
A group of hospitality students from City College Norwich have raised more than �380 for the East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) at Quidenham by holding a fundraising buffet and quiz evening.
The fundraising event took place in the College's Debut Restaurant and featured foods from around the world as well as a general knowledge quiz.
The 15 students organised all aspects of the evening, from the catering to the organisation and promotion of the event, using skills developed through their course.
Lecturer Moira Hinde said: 'The students did really well. They pulled together as a team on the night and met their target of raising money for EACH. They also received great customer feedback for the food and the service.'
Hospitality student Sarah Pitt, 27, said: 'I really enjoyed the experience. We all had to work together as a team and to use our initiative to make it a successful evening.'
The students presented a cheque for �388.82 to Jessica Hiscocks, Norfolk fundraiser for EACH.
Ms Hiscocks said: 'Here at EACH we are delighted to have the support of the students at City College Norwich who have put in a lot of time and effort to help raise funds. It is great to see young people getting involved in fundraising and we are so grateful for their support.
- 1 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 4 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 5 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 6 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 7 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 8 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 9 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
'We rely upon public support for the majority of our annual income which is why events like these are vital. I hope the efforts of the students will inspire other schools and colleges to raise funds too.'
EACH provides care and support to life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as their hospices based at Quidenham, Milton and Ipswich.
For more information about EACH, including how to raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call 01953 715559.
Are you raising money for a good cause? Contact Local Life editor David Freezer at email@example.com or call 01603 772418