Fundraising was on the menu for Norwich group’s buffet and quiz night
A group of hospitality students from City College Norwich have raised more than �380 for the East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) at Quidenham by holding a fundraising buffet and quiz evening.
The fundraising event took place in the College's Debut Restaurant and featured foods from around the world as well as a general knowledge quiz.
The 15 students organised all aspects of the evening, from the catering to the organisation and promotion of the event, using skills developed through their course.
Lecturer Moira Hinde said: 'The students did really well. They pulled together as a team on the night and met their target of raising money for EACH. They also received great customer feedback for the food and the service.'
Hospitality student Sarah Pitt, 27, said: 'I really enjoyed the experience. We all had to work together as a team and to use our initiative to make it a successful evening.'
You may also want to watch:
The students presented a cheque for �388.82 to Jessica Hiscocks, Norfolk fundraiser for EACH.
Ms Hiscocks said: 'Here at EACH we are delighted to have the support of the students at City College Norwich who have put in a lot of time and effort to help raise funds. It is great to see young people getting involved in fundraising and we are so grateful for their support.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
'We rely upon public support for the majority of our annual income which is why events like these are vital. I hope the efforts of the students will inspire other schools and colleges to raise funds too.'
EACH provides care and support to life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as their hospices based at Quidenham, Milton and Ipswich.
For more information about EACH, including how to raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call 01953 715559.
Are you raising money for a good cause? Contact Local Life editor David Freezer at email@example.com or call 01603 772418