Fundraising was on the menu for Norwich group’s buffet and quiz night
A group of hospitality students from City College Norwich have raised more than �380 for the East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) at Quidenham by holding a fundraising buffet and quiz evening.
The fundraising event took place in the College's Debut Restaurant and featured foods from around the world as well as a general knowledge quiz.
The 15 students organised all aspects of the evening, from the catering to the organisation and promotion of the event, using skills developed through their course.
Lecturer Moira Hinde said: 'The students did really well. They pulled together as a team on the night and met their target of raising money for EACH. They also received great customer feedback for the food and the service.'
Hospitality student Sarah Pitt, 27, said: 'I really enjoyed the experience. We all had to work together as a team and to use our initiative to make it a successful evening.'
You may also want to watch:
The students presented a cheque for �388.82 to Jessica Hiscocks, Norfolk fundraiser for EACH.
Ms Hiscocks said: 'Here at EACH we are delighted to have the support of the students at City College Norwich who have put in a lot of time and effort to help raise funds. It is great to see young people getting involved in fundraising and we are so grateful for their support.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 7 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 8 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 9 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'We rely upon public support for the majority of our annual income which is why events like these are vital. I hope the efforts of the students will inspire other schools and colleges to raise funds too.'
EACH provides care and support to life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as their hospices based at Quidenham, Milton and Ipswich.
For more information about EACH, including how to raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call 01953 715559.
Are you raising money for a good cause? Contact Local Life editor David Freezer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772418