Fundraising skiers and snowboarders make it from Trowse to the top of Mont Blanc
Skiers and snowboarders have come together in Trowse to tackle the loftiest peaks in Europe and raise money for a good cause at the same time.
The Norfolk Snowsports Club, on Whitlingham Lane, played host to a fundraising effort today which saw experts and beginners take on the slope in order to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
With sessions for the public running from 10am on the beginner run, the main event started at 11.30am as fundraisers attempted to traverse their way to height some of the continent's most famous mountains and length of its longest pistes.
One of those taking part was Rachel Hearney, who works as an administration assistant at the club and raised �300 going down the 190m run 28 times, the equivalent height to Mont Blanc.
She said she believed the overall fund raising target of �1000 was set to be easily beaten, adding: 'It was really good and everyone was really encouraging, and you got a lot of cheers when you came down the run. I am not much of a skier but I did it to raise money and it was fun too.
You may also want to watch:
'I managed not to crash, and though I thought I would be exhausted I could almost say I could do it again. That said, it was nice to take my boots off at the end.'
Others matching Europe's longest black piste, Sarenne in Alpe D'Huez, are still having to complete 94 runs, while a ski kindergarten session was also on offer for youngsters earlier in the day.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death