Fundraising event for brave Christopher
Peter WalshA fundraising event in memory of a 'brave little diamond' who died from a genetic disorder will be held tomorrow night.Peter Walsh
A fundraising event in memory of a 'brave little diamond' who died from a genetic disorder will be held tomorrownight.
Christopher Chandler suffered from a mitochondrial disorder, a disease in which cells are unable to burn food and oxygen to generate energy, and was just 24 when he died on January 8, 2008.
Even though he was on dialysis for a year before he died at the Jack Pryor Unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, his parents Marilyn and Graham, both 56, said he still kept his fighting spirit.
The pool night will be held at Spixworth Social Club, where Christopher used to spend a lot of time with family and friends, tomorrow from 8pm and will raise money for the East Coast Truckers charity which helps disadvantaged children in the region.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants will compete for The Christopher Chandler Memorial Trophy. Entry is �1 and winner takes all. Mr and Mrs Chandler will donate prizes for the raffle in aid of the East Coast Truckers charity.
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 4 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 9 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
- 10 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?