Thousands raised for family of man killed in A140 crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Fundraising efforts for the family of Anthony Glover, including a sponsored head shave, have raised thousands of pounds.
Mr Glover died on New Year's Day after a car crash on the A140 at Long Stratton the previous evening, leaving behind two small children and a partner.
Jonathon Childs, landlord of The Boundary pub on Aylsham Road in Norwich where Mr Glover was a regular, has been leading an appeal to financially support the army veteran's family.
A charity day of Soul music will be held at the pub on January 26, which Mr Childs said was Mr Glover's birthday. Mr Childs has thanked the public for their 'kindness and generosity.'
His appeal, which combines cash donations with The Anthony Glover Fundraising Page on Facebook, had on January 9 raised more than £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Childs is joined by Kane Hornigold, who will be shaving his hair off at the event, and has raised £600.
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space