Man with a history of mental health problems took his own life, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A 53-year-old Norwich man who had a history of mental health problems took his own life, an inquest has heard.
Jonathan Kybird died in his home address in Gateley Gardens, Norwich on January 3.
At a full inquest into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, read evidence from Mr Kybird’s family and medical professionals.
A post-mortem report gave his medical cause of death as hanging, it also found he had drunk alcohol prior to his death.
Closing the inquest Ms Blake gave a narrative conclusion, she said: “Jonathan Kybird took his own life and there was evidence that his mental health had deteriorated before his death.
You may also want to watch:
“He had a long history of anxiety and depression and had previously tried to take his own life.
“It is unlikely that he had sufficient clarity of mind to understand and intend the consequences of his actions on January 3 2020.”
- 1 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 2 Water outages hit homes across city
- 3 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 6 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 9 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 10 Norwich City confirm 2,000 tickets available for next two home games
•Need to talk? The Samaritans can be contacted 24/7 by calling 116 123.