Man with a history of mental health problems took his own life, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A 53-year-old Norwich man who had a history of mental health problems took his own life, an inquest has heard.
Jonathan Kybird died in his home address in Gateley Gardens, Norwich on January 3.
At a full inquest into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, read evidence from Mr Kybird’s family and medical professionals.
A post-mortem report gave his medical cause of death as hanging, it also found he had drunk alcohol prior to his death.
Closing the inquest Ms Blake gave a narrative conclusion, she said: “Jonathan Kybird took his own life and there was evidence that his mental health had deteriorated before his death.
“He had a long history of anxiety and depression and had previously tried to take his own life.
“It is unlikely that he had sufficient clarity of mind to understand and intend the consequences of his actions on January 3 2020.”
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
•Need to talk? The Samaritans can be contacted 24/7 by calling 116 123.