From board meetings to ward rounds for Norwich businesses spreading Christmas cheer
- Credit: Archant
Staff at three city companies ditched the office for the hospital ward to spread Christmas cheer.
Teams from Price Waterhouse Cooper, Duff Morgan and Inchcape visited people staying on the Older People Wards at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital over the festive period.
They presented matron Jane Douglas with presents for patients including socks, handkerchiefs and toiletries.
Deputy director of nursing Dawn Collins said: 'The generosity is so heart-warming and will bring so many smiles to the faces of our patients on Christmas morning at this time of year.
'It is very generous of Duff Morgan and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to support such a local charity in this way.'
You may also want to watch:
All staff from Duff Morgan contributed to purchase the presents, Inchcape colleagues decided to forego secret Santa and put the money towards older patients on the wards instead and PricewaterhouseCoopers collected gifts from staff.
PwC Director and Community Affairs Lead Lynn Yallop said staff had also supported the Paws and Dogs Trust Centre over Christmas. 'PwC Norwich staff regularly undertake volunteer work to support local communities they feel very passionate about throughout the year,' she said.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 6 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 10 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
'Leading up to Christmas a number of these communities are more vulnerable so the entire office was really keen to support in any way that they could.'
For more about NNUH and to find out how to support the hospital charity, call 01603 287107 or visit www.nnuh.nhs.uk.
Are you organsing a charity event in aid of your local hospital? Email firstname.lastname@example.org