Free summer activities at Norwich shopping centre
To celebrate a British summer of sport, a shopping centre has arranged a series of free high energy events.
A roller skating rink and enormous Zorb-balls, which are sometimes known as human hamster balls, will arrive at The Mall from July 31 to August 2, from 10am to 4pm each day, outside Boots on level one.
From 10am to 4pm from August 7 to 9 there will be giant trampolines and inflatable sports cages with cricket, basketball and football on offer outside Argos and New Look on level one. Shoppers can either take part for fun, or try to win a �10 Mall gift card by reaching the top of the leader board in competitions, which will take place at intervals during the day.
Victoria Merrison, marketing manager at The Mall, said: 'We are really looking forward to getting in the sporting spirit this summer. With the profile of sport so high in the UK at the moment, it is inspiring the whole family to get active and have fun at the same time. It's a great opportunity for adults and children alike to try something new, such as the amazing zorb-balls.'
All sports are free, but people are invited to offer a donation to The Mall's charity of the year, Nelson's Journey.
You may also want to watch:
Other free children's activities, including face painting, circus workshops and Punch and Judy shows, will be held throughout the summer holidays on August 14,16, 21, 23, 28 and 30.
For more information, please contact The Mall on 01603 766430 or visit the AskMe point on level two.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 9 Man and woman found dead in home
- 10 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich