Free scriptwriting course for aspiring Norwich writers
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring writers are being invited to see actors bring their words to life at a free, two-day event.
Norwich writing group, ScriptEast, has been awarded a Big Lottery Fund grant to stage Get Scripted! - an inspiring writers' weekend where authors will facilitate workshops and actors provided by REDuck ProDUCKtions will perform selected scripts submitted by course participants.
The event at the Garage in Chapel Field North, Norwich, will consist of two workshops, a beginners' workshop on Saturday, April 7, and an intermediary course on Sunday, April 8.
Ian Nettleton, author and lecturer, will be tutoring the intermediary workshop. He said: 'ScriptEast is a group of people who love writing and we want to meet and encourage like-minded people. Some of us are published writers and others are just starting out. It's a varied group with a shared passion for writing.
'We believe there are a lot of people who have writing talents yet to be realised.
You may also want to watch:
'They may even love to write but never had the time or opportunity to flourish. We are offering this rare opportunity to unleash, nurture and encourage creativity with experienced tutoring in a supportive community group.'
Author and lecturer in creative writing at Norwich University of the Arts, Lynsey White, will be tutoring the beginners' course.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
Actor Martin Kray, from Norwich, is a member of ScriptEast and will be one of the performers to enact the scripts on Sunday, April 8, from 7 to 9pm. The evening event is open to public viewing and will offer anyone considering joining ScriptEast an insight into the group and what it does.
To book places on either of the Get Scripted! courses visit www.scripteast.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The beginners' workshop will run from 10.30am to 1.30pm on April 7. The intermediary course will take place on Sunday, April 8 from 1.30pm to 4.30pm. Performances will begin at 7pm and are open to the public.