Free child car seat safety checks in Norwich
Parents are being offered free child car seat safety checks in Norwich.
Checks carried out by Norfolk County Council's road safety officers last year found that more than one in three child car seats had some sort of problem.
During the checks, parents are shown how to fit the seats properly, and adjust them for maximum protection.
There will be a drop-in session from 10am to 3pm tomorrow (Saturday) at Tesco in Blue Boar Lane in Sprowston.
Further sessions will be from 10am to 3pm at Sainsbury's in North Walsham on Wednesday, August 24 and at Station Car Park in Sheringham on Friday, August 26.
There will also be drop-in checks at Tesco in Aylsham on Thursday, September 1, at Budgen's in Holt on Saturday, September 3, at Morrison's in Cromer on Monday, September 5, and at the Longwater Sainsbury's in Costessey on Monday, September 12.
Norfolk County Council road safety officer Sandy Reid said: 'We found one person had been sold the wrong base for their seat, while another parent had completely misunderstood the way a rear-facing seat should be secured.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 7 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 8 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
'Child car seats provide good protection for a child in a car, but they have to be properly fitted and adjusted.
'For parents, a few minutes getting your seat checked could save your child from injury in a crash.'