Free child car seat safety checks in Norwich
Parents are being offered free child car seat safety checks in Norwich.
Checks carried out by Norfolk County Council's road safety officers last year found that more than one in three child car seats had some sort of problem.
During the checks, parents are shown how to fit the seats properly, and adjust them for maximum protection.
There will be a drop-in session from 10am to 3pm tomorrow (Saturday) at Tesco in Blue Boar Lane in Sprowston.
Further sessions will be from 10am to 3pm at Sainsbury's in North Walsham on Wednesday, August 24 and at Station Car Park in Sheringham on Friday, August 26.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be drop-in checks at Tesco in Aylsham on Thursday, September 1, at Budgen's in Holt on Saturday, September 3, at Morrison's in Cromer on Monday, September 5, and at the Longwater Sainsbury's in Costessey on Monday, September 12.
Norfolk County Council road safety officer Sandy Reid said: 'We found one person had been sold the wrong base for their seat, while another parent had completely misunderstood the way a rear-facing seat should be secured.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 6 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 10 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
'Child car seats provide good protection for a child in a car, but they have to be properly fitted and adjusted.
'For parents, a few minutes getting your seat checked could save your child from injury in a crash.'