Fox cub trapped in cricket netting
Sam EmanuelSports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.Sam Emanuel
Sports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.
The cub was found in Newmarket Road on Sunday, after a member of the public reported the incident to the RSPCA.
Inspector John Jenkins managed to free the cub before releasing it back into the wild.
He said: 'We would ask that sports men and women take extra care with their sports equipment so that wild life does not end up getting caught in it.
You may also want to watch:
'This cricket net was still left in at ground level, but had it been lifted off the ground slightly the fox would not have got trapped it.
'Fortunately this cub was not injured and I was able it release it back to the wild and it returned to its den.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 5 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 6 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
'We would just ask people to take extra care so that we can prevent incidents like this happening in the future.'