Fox cub trapped in cricket netting
Sam EmanuelSports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.Sam Emanuel
Sports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.
The cub was found in Newmarket Road on Sunday, after a member of the public reported the incident to the RSPCA.
Inspector John Jenkins managed to free the cub before releasing it back into the wild.
He said: 'We would ask that sports men and women take extra care with their sports equipment so that wild life does not end up getting caught in it.
You may also want to watch:
'This cricket net was still left in at ground level, but had it been lifted off the ground slightly the fox would not have got trapped it.
'Fortunately this cub was not injured and I was able it release it back to the wild and it returned to its den.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
'We would just ask people to take extra care so that we can prevent incidents like this happening in the future.'