Fox cub trapped in cricket netting
Sam EmanuelSports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.Sam Emanuel
Sports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.
The cub was found in Newmarket Road on Sunday, after a member of the public reported the incident to the RSPCA.
Inspector John Jenkins managed to free the cub before releasing it back into the wild.
He said: 'We would ask that sports men and women take extra care with their sports equipment so that wild life does not end up getting caught in it.
'This cricket net was still left in at ground level, but had it been lifted off the ground slightly the fox would not have got trapped it.
'Fortunately this cub was not injured and I was able it release it back to the wild and it returned to its den.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 7 Homes plan for former Start-Rite shoe factory site rejected
- 8 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 9 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
'We would just ask people to take extra care so that we can prevent incidents like this happening in the future.'