Fox cub trapped in cricket netting
Sam EmanuelSports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.Sam Emanuel
Sports enthusiasts in Norwich are being urged to take extra care with their equipment after a young fox cub had to be rescued by the RSPCA when it got caught in some cricket netting.
The cub was found in Newmarket Road on Sunday, after a member of the public reported the incident to the RSPCA.
Inspector John Jenkins managed to free the cub before releasing it back into the wild.
He said: 'We would ask that sports men and women take extra care with their sports equipment so that wild life does not end up getting caught in it.
You may also want to watch:
'This cricket net was still left in at ground level, but had it been lifted off the ground slightly the fox would not have got trapped it.
'Fortunately this cub was not injured and I was able it release it back to the wild and it returned to its den.
- 1 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 See work to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 4 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 5 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 6 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 7 'Delighted to be out again' - City centre pub gardens proving popular
- 8 Wrestling school stars in Channel 4 show with top comedian
- 9 House blaze tackled by firefighters
- 10 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
'We would just ask people to take extra care so that we can prevent incidents like this happening in the future.'