Former Norwich star Ruel Fox in court
Emily DennisFormer Norwich City footballer Ruel Fox was given three points on his driving licence after admitting speeding.Emily Dennis
Former Norwich City footballer Ruel Fox was given three points on his driving licence after admitting speeding.
Fox was caught doing 37mph in a 30mph zone in a BMW car on Henley Road, Ipswich, on August 11 last year.
He pleaded guilty to speeding when he appeared before magistrates in Lowestoft yesterday.
Andrew Perry, prosecuting, said the vehicle was caught by a laser camera and that police were unable to identify the driver.
You may also want to watch:
'Today at court, Mr Fox has indicated it is him and so is prepared to plead on that basis,' he said.
Ross Coates, mitigating for Fox, said: 'My client wishes to apologise to the court for the time taken up as a result of this matter. He recognises it is important to drive within the prescribed limits.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 5 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 6 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 7 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 8 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity
- 9 Lap dancing club to be allowed to stay open until 6am
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
Mr Coates said his client had retired from football nearly 10 years ago and now works as a fitness instructor for Ipswich Borough Council and is self employed running fitness boot camps.
Fox, 42, of Bergholt Road, Colchester, was given three penalty points on his licence, fined �125, ordered to contribute �100 towards costs and pay a �15 surcharge.