Former Norwich star Ruel Fox in court
Emily DennisFormer Norwich City footballer Ruel Fox was given three points on his driving licence after admitting speeding.Emily Dennis
Former Norwich City footballer Ruel Fox was given three points on his driving licence after admitting speeding.
Fox was caught doing 37mph in a 30mph zone in a BMW car on Henley Road, Ipswich, on August 11 last year.
He pleaded guilty to speeding when he appeared before magistrates in Lowestoft yesterday.
Andrew Perry, prosecuting, said the vehicle was caught by a laser camera and that police were unable to identify the driver.
You may also want to watch:
'Today at court, Mr Fox has indicated it is him and so is prepared to plead on that basis,' he said.
Ross Coates, mitigating for Fox, said: 'My client wishes to apologise to the court for the time taken up as a result of this matter. He recognises it is important to drive within the prescribed limits.'
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 5 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 6 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
Mr Coates said his client had retired from football nearly 10 years ago and now works as a fitness instructor for Ipswich Borough Council and is self employed running fitness boot camps.
Fox, 42, of Bergholt Road, Colchester, was given three penalty points on his licence, fined �125, ordered to contribute �100 towards costs and pay a �15 surcharge.