Former Norwich star Ruel Fox in court
Emily DennisFormer Norwich City footballer Ruel Fox was given three points on his driving licence after admitting speeding.Emily Dennis
Former Norwich City footballer Ruel Fox was given three points on his driving licence after admitting speeding.
Fox was caught doing 37mph in a 30mph zone in a BMW car on Henley Road, Ipswich, on August 11 last year.
He pleaded guilty to speeding when he appeared before magistrates in Lowestoft yesterday.
Andrew Perry, prosecuting, said the vehicle was caught by a laser camera and that police were unable to identify the driver.
'Today at court, Mr Fox has indicated it is him and so is prepared to plead on that basis,' he said.
Ross Coates, mitigating for Fox, said: 'My client wishes to apologise to the court for the time taken up as a result of this matter. He recognises it is important to drive within the prescribed limits.'
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
Mr Coates said his client had retired from football nearly 10 years ago and now works as a fitness instructor for Ipswich Borough Council and is self employed running fitness boot camps.
Fox, 42, of Bergholt Road, Colchester, was given three penalty points on his licence, fined �125, ordered to contribute �100 towards costs and pay a �15 surcharge.