Former Norwich City College student chases dancing dream
Adam GrettonA former City College student is calling on local businesses to help her further her education and realise her dream of a career in the West End.Adam Gretton
A former City College student is calling on local businesses to help her further her education and realise her dream of a career in the West End.
Danielle Sheehan has dreamt of being a professional dancer from the time she enrolled in a dance school at the age of four.
The 19-year-old, from Starston, near Harleston, who has appeared in a host of musical productions in Norfolk over the last few years, has received letters of acceptance from eight professional dance colleges in London.
However, the up-and-coming dancer, who completed a national diploma in performing arts at City College Norwich with distinction last year, has been unable to take up a place because of the �11,000 a year fees.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Sheehan, who has also done some modelling work, said she hoped that local businesses could sponsor her and cover some of her tuition costs in return for some promotion.
'There is nothing else I want to do with my life and I know I have more than enough capability to succeed on a further education course. It has been so frustrating that I cannot go to dance college because of money.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot
'I would love to be a West End performer or work on a cruise ship. The competition is so intense and without the training I would not stand a chance against people who have had three years intensive training and will have better fitness and technique,' she said.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.