Former Norwich City College student chases dancing dream
Adam GrettonA former City College student is calling on local businesses to help her further her education and realise her dream of a career in the West End.Adam Gretton
A former City College student is calling on local businesses to help her further her education and realise her dream of a career in the West End.
Danielle Sheehan has dreamt of being a professional dancer from the time she enrolled in a dance school at the age of four.
The 19-year-old, from Starston, near Harleston, who has appeared in a host of musical productions in Norfolk over the last few years, has received letters of acceptance from eight professional dance colleges in London.
However, the up-and-coming dancer, who completed a national diploma in performing arts at City College Norwich with distinction last year, has been unable to take up a place because of the �11,000 a year fees.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Sheehan, who has also done some modelling work, said she hoped that local businesses could sponsor her and cover some of her tuition costs in return for some promotion.
'There is nothing else I want to do with my life and I know I have more than enough capability to succeed on a further education course. It has been so frustrating that I cannot go to dance college because of money.'
- 1 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 3 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 4 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 7 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
'I would love to be a West End performer or work on a cruise ship. The competition is so intense and without the training I would not stand a chance against people who have had three years intensive training and will have better fitness and technique,' she said.
For more information, email email@example.com.