Former Ipswich star to front regional footy show
Peter WalshFormer Ipswich Town skipper Matt Holland will be swapping his football boots for a microphone when he fronts a new late night regional football magazine show on the BBC.Peter Walsh
Former Ipswich Town skipper Matt Holland will be swapping his football boots for a microphone when he fronts a new late night regional football magazine show on the BBC.
The Late Night Kick Off, which starts on BBC1 on Monday, January 18 at 11.15pm, aims to get to the heart of local football with a mix of discussion, opinion, interviews and match analysis from the region's games.
For Holland, a former Republic of Ireland international who played 313 games for Ipswich before moving to Charlton for an initial fee of �750,000 in 2003, it will be his first ever spell as a TV presenter.
He said: 'It's very new, very exciting and a new challenge. I've been a pundit but not presented a show so a bit out of my comfort zone.
'It's something I've fallen into a little bit. Ever since my late 20s I've done more and more in the media in terms of commentaries and radio and television shows. When I retired in the summer I was looking for something new to do.'
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub