Former Ipswich star to front regional footy show
Peter WalshFormer Ipswich Town skipper Matt Holland will be swapping his football boots for a microphone when he fronts a new late night regional football magazine show on the BBC.Peter Walsh
Former Ipswich Town skipper Matt Holland will be swapping his football boots for a microphone when he fronts a new late night regional football magazine show on the BBC.
The Late Night Kick Off, which starts on BBC1 on Monday, January 18 at 11.15pm, aims to get to the heart of local football with a mix of discussion, opinion, interviews and match analysis from the region's games.
For Holland, a former Republic of Ireland international who played 313 games for Ipswich before moving to Charlton for an initial fee of �750,000 in 2003, it will be his first ever spell as a TV presenter.
He said: 'It's very new, very exciting and a new challenge. I've been a pundit but not presented a show so a bit out of my comfort zone.
You may also want to watch:
'It's something I've fallen into a little bit. Ever since my late 20s I've done more and more in the media in terms of commentaries and radio and television shows. When I retired in the summer I was looking for something new to do.'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 10 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled