Former Ipswich star to front regional footy show
Peter WalshFormer Ipswich Town skipper Matt Holland will be swapping his football boots for a microphone when he fronts a new late night regional football magazine show on the BBC.Peter Walsh
Former Ipswich Town skipper Matt Holland will be swapping his football boots for a microphone when he fronts a new late night regional football magazine show on the BBC.
The Late Night Kick Off, which starts on BBC1 on Monday, January 18 at 11.15pm, aims to get to the heart of local football with a mix of discussion, opinion, interviews and match analysis from the region's games.
For Holland, a former Republic of Ireland international who played 313 games for Ipswich before moving to Charlton for an initial fee of �750,000 in 2003, it will be his first ever spell as a TV presenter.
He said: 'It's very new, very exciting and a new challenge. I've been a pundit but not presented a show so a bit out of my comfort zone.
You may also want to watch:
'It's something I've fallen into a little bit. Ever since my late 20s I've done more and more in the media in terms of commentaries and radio and television shows. When I retired in the summer I was looking for something new to do.'
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 5 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 7 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 8 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 9 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
- 10 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel