Former Coronation Street bad boy turned journalist shows off his reporting skills
From the cobbles of Coronation Street to Prospect House: Our newest recruit has enjoyed his day working for the Evening News
He is best known for playing Terry Duckworth in Coronation Street but for the past six years Nigel Pivaro has also worked as a journalist.
So today the Evening News put him through his paces, sending him out on an exclusive story to appear in tomorrow's paper.
Nigel, who will play the lead in Lowestoft pantomime Aladdin this December, has previously worked for the Manchester Evening News and is currently a freelance journalist, contributing regularly to the Daily Star, Daily Mirror and Daily Express.
The 53-year-old said he thoroughly enjoyed his day working with the 'wonderful' reporters and editors at the Evening News.
He continued: 'I've been made to feel very welcome by the editor Nigel Pickover as well as all the staff here.'
*See tomorrow's Evening News for more on Nigel's day at Prospect House
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 9 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 10 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building