Former Coronation Street bad boy turned journalist shows off his reporting skills
From the cobbles of Coronation Street to Prospect House: Our newest recruit has enjoyed his day working for the Evening News
He is best known for playing Terry Duckworth in Coronation Street but for the past six years Nigel Pivaro has also worked as a journalist.
So today the Evening News put him through his paces, sending him out on an exclusive story to appear in tomorrow's paper.
Nigel, who will play the lead in Lowestoft pantomime Aladdin this December, has previously worked for the Manchester Evening News and is currently a freelance journalist, contributing regularly to the Daily Star, Daily Mirror and Daily Express.
The 53-year-old said he thoroughly enjoyed his day working with the 'wonderful' reporters and editors at the Evening News.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: 'I've been made to feel very welcome by the editor Nigel Pickover as well as all the staff here.'
*See tomorrow's Evening News for more on Nigel's day at Prospect House
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development