Former City College Norwich student critical after A146/A143 car crash near Beccles
A former City College Norwich student was in a critical condition last night after being involved in a car crash in which two of her friends died.
Georgia Puttock, 18, was 'critical but stable' at Addenbrookes Hospital, in Cambridge, after being in a crash on the A143/A146 at Gillingham, near Beccles on Tuesday at 6.30pm. Her friends Sam Jaggard and Kathryn Rivett, both 18, died.
The crash came the evening before a report from the House of Commons Transport Committee highlighted that the number killed on Britain's roads is rising, with road accidents the leading cause of deaths among those aged 16-24.
The three, all from Lowestoft, were identified on social networking site Twitter as friends paid tribute to Kathryn and Sam, described as a 'prodigious' Suffolk golfing talent, and encouraged others to pray for Georgia.
The three, who had all studied at Kirkley High School, were driving towards Lowestoft when their red Vauxhall Corsa was in a crash with a black Mercedes going in the opposite direction. The occupants of the Mercedes, who are not local, were not seriously injured.
Hundreds of messages were posted on social networking site Twitter about all three teenagers, with the phrases #staystrongputtock #PrayForGeorgia regularly used.
Witnesses to the crash should call 101.
- 1 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 2 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 3 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 4 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 5 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 9 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 10 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
Do you know Georgia? Email firstname.lastname@example.org