Football fan from Norwich wins Arsenal shirt
A football fan from the city has been the lucky winner of his dream team's football shirt.
Although from Norwich, Liam Jones is an Arsenal fan, and won a signed framed Arsenal shirt courtesy of Barclays Premier League trophy tour.
Liam, 18, entered a free prize draw for one of 20 framed shirts signed by a Premier League Football Club when he visited an Oxford branch to view the Premier League Trophy.
Commenting on his lucky win, Liam Jones said: 'I was amazed to even see the trophy in real life, this was shock enough. I was about to leave, when I got asked to enter this competition. I was hesitant at first as I don't normally enter competitions, but I really did like the sound of winning my team's shirt, signed and framed! Months and months passed and I completely forgot about it, until I got a phone call informing me I had won. I couldn't quite believe it, shock then led to excitement, already picturing the shirt on my bedroom wall above my bed! '
The framed shirt was presented to Liam at the Sprowston Road branch in Norwich on January 19 by Barclays area director, Terry Staff, and branch manager, Joanne Dowson.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Dowson said: 'I was absolutely delighted for Liam that he had won the signed framed Arsenal shirt. Whenever the Barclays Premier League trophy visits a branch it's always popular and we hope to be able to offer the opportunity in Norwich in the near future.'
The Barclays Premier League Trophy is one of the most famous symbols in football and is always flanked by two security guards when on display and stands at three foot five inches tall.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Man who took baby from Norfolk hospital to be sentenced
Have you won a special competition prize? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 722438 or email email@example.com.