Food producers support charity
Funds will be raised for those in need as a special lamp-lit evening market is held as part of the Christmas lights switch-on.
The monthly farmers market at The Forum will be selling Norfolk-produced food and drink to the thousands of people expected in Norwich for the festive event this Thursday.
Norfolk food producers are also hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Norwich Food Bank – a charity for Norfolk people who find they do not have enough of the most basic of foodstuffs in times of crisis.
The Forum has given the space for the market free for the evening – and The Norfolk Diet team, who runs the market, have decided to donate the money saved to The Norwich Food Bank. Stall holders will also be able to make their own donations to the charity.
Shoppers will be able to contribute to the fundraising campaign by buying tickets for a Norfolk Diet prize draw.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Diet team member Sarah Pettegree, from Bray's Cottage Pork Pies, in north Norfolk, said: 'We are all really looking forward to being part of the city's Christmas light switch-on evening, which always has such a great family atmosphere, and would love to see as many people as possible coming and buying delicious local food and drink and help to raise funds for a wonderful charity by entering the raffle.
'The Food Bank is very close to all our hearts, so we are hoping to be able to give them a significant sum of money at the end of the evening.'
- 1 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 'Too big for Royal Arcade' - boss on why Langleys has split up
- 10 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
The market will be held on Millennium Plain, outside The Forum, from 3pm to 8pm.