Food producers support charity
Funds will be raised for those in need as a special lamp-lit evening market is held as part of the Christmas lights switch-on.
The monthly farmers market at The Forum will be selling Norfolk-produced food and drink to the thousands of people expected in Norwich for the festive event this Thursday.
Norfolk food producers are also hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Norwich Food Bank – a charity for Norfolk people who find they do not have enough of the most basic of foodstuffs in times of crisis.
The Forum has given the space for the market free for the evening – and The Norfolk Diet team, who runs the market, have decided to donate the money saved to The Norwich Food Bank. Stall holders will also be able to make their own donations to the charity.
Shoppers will be able to contribute to the fundraising campaign by buying tickets for a Norfolk Diet prize draw.
Norfolk Diet team member Sarah Pettegree, from Bray's Cottage Pork Pies, in north Norfolk, said: 'We are all really looking forward to being part of the city's Christmas light switch-on evening, which always has such a great family atmosphere, and would love to see as many people as possible coming and buying delicious local food and drink and help to raise funds for a wonderful charity by entering the raffle.
'The Food Bank is very close to all our hearts, so we are hoping to be able to give them a significant sum of money at the end of the evening.'
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 6 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 9 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
The market will be held on Millennium Plain, outside The Forum, from 3pm to 8pm.