Flat fire in Russell Street, Norwich early hours today
Fire crews were called to a suspected arson attack at a top floor flat in Russell Street, off Old Palace Road, Norwich in the early hours today.
Crews from Norwich and Earlham attended just before 1am and a person was initially believed to be trapped. However, following a search of the premises, fire crews accounted for all persons and extinguished the fire.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the police also attended as it was a suspected arson attack.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called, but no one was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 7 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 8 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 9 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans