Flat fire in Russell Street, Norwich early hours today
Fire crews were called to a suspected arson attack at a top floor flat in Russell Street, off Old Palace Road, Norwich in the early hours today.
Crews from Norwich and Earlham attended just before 1am and a person was initially believed to be trapped. However, following a search of the premises, fire crews accounted for all persons and extinguished the fire.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the police also attended as it was a suspected arson attack.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called, but no one was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 6 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 10 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut