Flat fire in Russell Street, Norwich early hours today
Fire crews were called to a suspected arson attack at a top floor flat in Russell Street, off Old Palace Road, Norwich in the early hours today.
Crews from Norwich and Earlham attended just before 1am and a person was initially believed to be trapped. However, following a search of the premises, fire crews accounted for all persons and extinguished the fire.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the police also attended as it was a suspected arson attack.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called, but no one was taken to hospital.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death