Flat fire in Russell Street, Norwich early hours today
Fire crews were called to a suspected arson attack at a top floor flat in Russell Street, off Old Palace Road, Norwich in the early hours today.
Crews from Norwich and Earlham attended just before 1am and a person was initially believed to be trapped. However, following a search of the premises, fire crews accounted for all persons and extinguished the fire.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the police also attended as it was a suspected arson attack.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also called, but no one was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners