Five ways to wear a trouser suit from Jarrold in Norwich
For this month's style makeover Emma Harrowing shows how to get five different looks from just a single trouser suit.
The trouser suit is a classic and for autumn and winter this two-piece is one of the must-have buys as the androgynous look is all the rage again.
With most new-season collections including a trouser suit you might be inspired to invest in tailoring, after all it is a style that will never really be out of fashion. You also may have remembered that you have a trouser suit hanging in your wardrobe just waiting for its day in the limelight again – this time is now.
Whether you opt for revamping your old suit or treating yourself to a new one, it's a piece that you can wear in many ways and for different occasions.
Wearing the trousers and jacket together with a button-up shirt and collar necklace or tie will man-up your trouser suit and bring your look right up to date for autumn. Take this look into winter by layering a knitted pullover or tank top underneath the jacket for real manly style.
Separating the jacket and trousers will give you endless looks. Wear your trousers rolled up to reveal your ankle or rolled down to elongate your legs and dress up with a glitzy top or dress down with a T-shirt or jumper.
Use the jacket like a blazer and put it over everything from a dress or tunic top, to chinos or jeans.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 6 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 7 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 8 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 9 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 10 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
It's time to man up and take charge of your wardrobe as the trouser suit can give you many different outfits for your money.
See all five looks by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
Follow Emma on Twitter @nchfashionpaper
All outfits are available from Jarrold.
Hair by Norma at Kinki Boutique on Castle Street and make-up by Flo at Benefit Boutique in Debenhams.