Five Guys to move into former Pizza Hut restaurant in Norwich city centre
- Credit: PA
American burger chain Five Guys is set to open its first restaurant in Norwich in the former Pizza Hut building on Orford Place.
It follows confirmation from Pizza Hut on Tuesday that they would be shutting the restaurant permanently. The Pizza Hut signs have already been removed from the front of the building.
Plans submitted to Norwich City Council by Five Guys show that the restaurant will be able to seat 120 people and will be spread over two floors with an outside seating area on the pavement in front of the restaurant.
Other additions to the building will include glazed balcony windows, a canopy and the British and American flags to be flown outside the restaurant.
The plans to alter the building were submitted to Norwich City Council this month and councillors will now have to decide whether to approve or reject Five Guys' application.
The nearest outlet is currently in Cambridge and one is also scheduled to open in Ipswich.
A Pizza Hut spokesperson said: 'We are in discussions regarding our Orford Place Hut in Norwich and while this is ongoing we are unable to provide further details. We continue to have a strong presence in the area with customers able to visit any one of our restaurants located nearby at intu Chapelfield, Norwich Riverside or Longwater Retail Park.'
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 5 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 6 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 7 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 8 Neighbours' fears after cannabis farm raided in city
- 9 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 10 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
Born in the United States, Five Guys has achieved a cult-like following for its burgers with unlimited toppings, hand-cut fries and a large variety of milkshake flavours.
Founder Jerry Murrell named the restaurant after his five sons who all help to run the company after the family decided to invest their would-be college fund into opening a hamburger shop in Washington.
Their website boasts that there are over 250,000 possible ways to order a burger at the restaurant through a combination of fillings.
But those with a nut allergy will have to be wary of the chips which are cooked in peanut oil.
•Are you excited by the arrival of Five Guys? Let us know by commenting below.