Five-generation Sprowston family has made great great grandmother so proud
Proud Ivy Chittock holds her great great granddaughter as her family rally round her.
The 90-year-old, of White Woman Lane, Sprowston, is the matriarch of a five-generation family, and her daughter believes traditional family values are the secret to Mrs Chittock's grand old age.
Mrs Chittock posed for a picture with daughter Carol Fountain, 66, granddaughter Tracy England, 45, great grandson Ben Warminger, 28, and great great granddaughter Matilda Jones, who celebrates her first birthday on May 7.
Mrs Fountain said: 'We all see each other regularly and help to look after my mum. We're very close and we all go up to see my mum. I think it's what's kept her going for so long. Every day she knows one of us is going up there.'
Mrs Chittock worked in munitions during the Second World War, but after that did not have a job until she was in her 50s – as she had a large family to keep her busy.
You may also want to watch:
Her first job after her children had grown up was at the Birdseye factory in Aylsham Road. Four generations of the family went to Catton Grove School, but Matilda is set to buck the trend as her father lives in Mildenhall.
Mrs Fountain said the family planned to celebrate Matilda's birthday together, but had not finalised the party arrangements yet.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
She added of her mother: 'We absolutely love her to bits and there's nothing we wouldn't do for her.'