First snow reaches Norwich
The first snowfall of the winter has reached Norwich this evening (Friday).
Having made its presence felt in the west of the county for much of the day, the white flakes have now moved towards the city, affecting areas including Hethersett and the centre.
Forecaster Dan Holley, at University of East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said the rain had finally turned to snow in Norwich during the early evening.
But he said it was unlikely to turn into snowman-making weather.
He said: 'Because the ground is so wet, it's unlikely to lay unless we get very heavy bursts which isn't looking likely looking at the radar.'
You may also want to watch:
Although Suffolk has had snow settling, Norfolk is set to escape that but, with very wet roads and clear skies tonight, the forecaster warned temperatures would drop and roads would become icy.
The outlook for tomorrow is for sunny spells and scattered showers with those inland set to turn wintery – meaning the possibility of more sleet and snow.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
Keep checking www.eveningnews24.co.uk throughout the weekend for updates.