‘Flames were coming through the ceiling’ - fire fighter describes Norwich blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire fighter has described the moment he arrived at a large fire in the centre of Norwich last night.
The incident took place on Mountergate, near Prince of Wales Road and opposite the back of Rose Lane carpark.
James Rotherwell, watch manager of Carrow Fire Station, said: 'When I arrived on the scene last night at about 2am it was well alight.
'Flames were coming through the ceiling and the side. Crews got to work quickly.
'Because of the amount of crews on scene we stopped it burning down completely. I think we can all agree it was a good stop.
'We don't know what caused it but our investigations team will be working alongside with the scenes of crime throughout the day to establish the cause.'
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 6 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 7 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 8 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 9 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres