‘Flames were coming through the ceiling’ - fire fighter describes Norwich blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire fighter has described the moment he arrived at a large fire in the centre of Norwich last night.
The incident took place on Mountergate, near Prince of Wales Road and opposite the back of Rose Lane carpark.
James Rotherwell, watch manager of Carrow Fire Station, said: 'When I arrived on the scene last night at about 2am it was well alight.
'Flames were coming through the ceiling and the side. Crews got to work quickly.
'Because of the amount of crews on scene we stopped it burning down completely. I think we can all agree it was a good stop.
You may also want to watch:
'We don't know what caused it but our investigations team will be working alongside with the scenes of crime throughout the day to establish the cause.'
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours