Fire crews tackle blaze at H.Samuel store in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a shop in the centre of Norwich on Thursday morning.
The fire service were called just after 11am after reports of a blaze at the H.Samuel store on Gentleman's Walk.
Crews from Sprowston and Earlham attended the blaze and the first firefighters were on scene at 11.11am.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews left the scene at 11.40am and used hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the blaze.
The jewellery store remained closed on Thursday afternoon with the shutters down.
You may also want to watch:
H.Samuel is situated between Hotter and Lloyds Bank in the city centre and there is also a branch at intu Chapelfield.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 6 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 7 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 10 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing