Fire crews tackle blaze at H.Samuel store in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a shop in the centre of Norwich on Thursday morning.
The fire service were called just after 11am after reports of a blaze at the H.Samuel store on Gentleman's Walk.
Crews from Sprowston and Earlham attended the blaze and the first firefighters were on scene at 11.11am.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews left the scene at 11.40am and used hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the blaze.
The jewellery store remained closed on Thursday afternoon with the shutters down.
H.Samuel is situated between Hotter and Lloyds Bank in the city centre and there is also a branch at intu Chapelfield.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 6 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 7 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 8 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 9 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 10 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich