Fire crews tackle blaze at Kettle Chips in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Fire crews were called to a blaze at a popular crisp manufacturer in Norwich.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a blaze at Kettle Foods on Barnard Road in Bowthorpe at around 8.06pm tonight [Friday August 13].
Three appliances from Earlham, Carrow Road and Sprowston were in attendance.
Crews used BA and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. A thermal imaging camera was also used to check for hot spots.
The fire has now been put out but two crews remain at the scene as cooling and monitoring is currently in progress.
No injuries have been reported and everyone was evacuated from the building safely.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours