Fire breaks out in Norwich city centre shop
PUBLISHED: 07:53 11 January 2018 | UPDATED: 08:06 11 January 2018
A city centre shop had to be evacuated after a fire broke out.
The fire service were called to The Granary, a furniture shop on Bedford Street, at 2.30pm on Tuesday, after reports of a blaze.
Crews from Earlham, Carrow and Hethersett were sent to the scene and the area was cordoned off.
Electricians had begun to tackle the blaze before the fire service arrived and crews used hose reel jets to extinguish it.
Watch Manager Golby confirmed at the scene that the fire was caused by a small light fitting overheating.
No-one was injured and it is believed the shop was safe to resume trading shortly after.
The Granary describes itself as ‘the home of contemporary living’ and is part of Jarrolds.
It is situated in a Grade II listed building next to Gallyons Country Living.
On its website it states its shop has undergone extensive renovation to reclaim some of its historical features.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Norwich Evening News. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.