Crews tackle fire at fish and chip shop overnight
- Credit: Brittany Woodman
Norfolk Fire Service were called to Cringleford in the early hours to a fish and chip shop.
The fire brigade were called at 1.39am on Saturday (January 15) to Go Fish in Dragonfly Lane in Cringleford on the outskirts of Norwich.
Crews from Earlham, Carrow and Sprowston attended and wore breathing apparatus, using hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the fire out.
Thankfully no one was injured and the crews left just after 3am.
There is currently police tape across the front of the takeaway and a smell of smoke around it.
Go Fish is a fish and chip and fried chicken shop and it had reopened on January 4 after its Christmas break.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win