Fine City? What a load of rubbish
- Credit: Archant
For three years I have been in touch with City Hall before they finalise their budgets for the coming year. The reason, to ask for a rubbish bin on Castle Meadow beside the last bus stop identified as CF, outside Open.
This former Barclays Bank building has padlocked mesh across the windows at pavement level making it impossible for the city street cleaners to remove the rubbish stuffed behind the mesh, as shown in this photo.
The council's first response was to say they were reviewing the locations of bins in the city.
The next year they said they would speak to staff at Open and for a while it seemed the rubbish was cleared every few days.
Last year I was told they were still looking at costs.
You may also want to watch:
It seems that there is plenty of money for paving, roadworks and signs but not for something as simple as a bin.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey