Fine City? What a load of rubbish
- Credit: Archant
For three years I have been in touch with City Hall before they finalise their budgets for the coming year. The reason, to ask for a rubbish bin on Castle Meadow beside the last bus stop identified as CF, outside Open.
This former Barclays Bank building has padlocked mesh across the windows at pavement level making it impossible for the city street cleaners to remove the rubbish stuffed behind the mesh, as shown in this photo.
The council's first response was to say they were reviewing the locations of bins in the city.
The next year they said they would speak to staff at Open and for a while it seemed the rubbish was cleared every few days.
Last year I was told they were still looking at costs.
You may also want to watch:
It seems that there is plenty of money for paving, roadworks and signs but not for something as simple as a bin.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 8 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?