Final Miss Norwich line-up is revealed
The finalists for the Miss Norwich 2011 competition have been chosen and will be going head to head this month to be crowned the winner.
The 12 entrants, all Norfolk based, are preparing for the results of the public vote which will take place on Tuesday, May 10, at a ceremony at Project Nightclub on Wherry Road, Riverside.
Pageant queen Rebecca Richardson will be teaching the girls the ropes and getting the winner ready for the main Miss England event.
She said: 'The current Miss England, Jess Linley, is a Brundall girl and it shows that girls here in Norfolk are ambitious and they can succeed.'
All entrants had to apply online and were then interviewed before a final decision was reached.
You may also want to watch:
'They are all very different and they have had a lot to overcome and accomplish,' Miss Richardson added.
Finalist Amy Spinx, 20, of Mountfield Avenue in Hellesdon, explained why the competition is important. She said: 'I think all of the people in the pageant are all behind the message 'beauty but with a purpose' and what we are doing is important as we will also be helping people and raising money for charity.'
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
As well as being crowned with a hand-crafted tiara made by Wymondham-based tiara maker Gemma Holmes, the winner will compete in the annual Miss England competition.
The finalists are: Miss Spinks, Katie Charlton, 19, Kayleigh Markham, 21, Rebecca Turner, 18, Jade Pask, 17, Maria Allcock, 17, Claire Winters, 21, Natalie Beattie, 22, Emma-Lee Hurst, 17, Neuza Vika, 18, Jade Bailey, 19 and Zoe Humphrey 22.
Last year's winner was medical student Salema Junior Radford.
Miss Norwich 2011 is being organised by Nic Donovan Photography and D&A Modelling Agency and the official Miss Norwich 2011 charity is the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
To keep up to date with the finalists or for more details about the competition or organisers visit www.missengland.info
Have you won a national or regional competition recently? Contact Evening News reporter Donna-Louise Bishop or 01603 772438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org