Final Miss Norwich line-up is revealed
The finalists for the Miss Norwich 2011 competition have been chosen and will be going head to head this month to be crowned the winner.
The 12 entrants, all Norfolk based, are preparing for the results of the public vote which will take place on Tuesday, May 10, at a ceremony at Project Nightclub on Wherry Road, Riverside.
Pageant queen Rebecca Richardson will be teaching the girls the ropes and getting the winner ready for the main Miss England event.
She said: 'The current Miss England, Jess Linley, is a Brundall girl and it shows that girls here in Norfolk are ambitious and they can succeed.'
All entrants had to apply online and were then interviewed before a final decision was reached.
You may also want to watch:
'They are all very different and they have had a lot to overcome and accomplish,' Miss Richardson added.
Finalist Amy Spinx, 20, of Mountfield Avenue in Hellesdon, explained why the competition is important. She said: 'I think all of the people in the pageant are all behind the message 'beauty but with a purpose' and what we are doing is important as we will also be helping people and raising money for charity.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 7 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
As well as being crowned with a hand-crafted tiara made by Wymondham-based tiara maker Gemma Holmes, the winner will compete in the annual Miss England competition.
The finalists are: Miss Spinks, Katie Charlton, 19, Kayleigh Markham, 21, Rebecca Turner, 18, Jade Pask, 17, Maria Allcock, 17, Claire Winters, 21, Natalie Beattie, 22, Emma-Lee Hurst, 17, Neuza Vika, 18, Jade Bailey, 19 and Zoe Humphrey 22.
Last year's winner was medical student Salema Junior Radford.
Miss Norwich 2011 is being organised by Nic Donovan Photography and D&A Modelling Agency and the official Miss Norwich 2011 charity is the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
To keep up to date with the finalists or for more details about the competition or organisers visit www.missengland.info
Have you won a national or regional competition recently? Contact Evening News reporter Donna-Louise Bishop or 01603 772438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org