Final chance to host a teddy bears picnic for children’s charity bibic
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Families from Norwich are being reminded that it is not too late to organise a teddy bears picnic in aid of a national children's charity this month.
People in the city can host a picnic anytime from July 7 until July 13 to raise money for bibic, a charity which helps children with conditions affecting their communication and learning abilities.
Simone Joyce, community and events fundraiser at bibic, said: 'We're asking teddy bear fans, young and old, to organise a picnic.
'We're hoping nurseries, mum and toddler groups, primary schools, families, individuals and even businesses will host an event. All we ask is people donate £1 each to bibic to take part and that the organisers send us the money collected as a cheque after the event.'
The teddy bears picnic is part of a week of furry-themed fundraisers the charity is organising.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in being involved can download a free fundraising pack full of the 'bear' essentials - including a template for creating teddy bear ears, pictures to colour in, posters and flyers to print off and ideas for games - at http://bit.ly/1pLUW22.
• For more information ring 01458 253344 or visit www.bibic.org.uk.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop