Final call for people to take part in Norwich’s Starlight Walk in aid of Macmillan
People are being urged to walk under the stars and raise money to support cancer patients throughout Norfolk.
With days to go before the annual Starlight Walk, a final push is being made for walkers to sign up.
Now in its seventh year, the Chapelfield-sponsored walk around Norwich's outer ring road will take place this Friday, June 22.
The event will see hundreds of walkers set off from Sportspark at the University of East Anglia from midnight and walk 13 miles.
It is held in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Rumball, walk coordinator, said: 'We're really looking forward to this year's walk and hope the weather holds out for a dry night.
'There's always a great atmosphere in the Sportspark in the run-up to the event and it's brilliant to see so many people dressed up, having fun with friends and walking around the ring road at night.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
'Unfortunately numbers are lower this year, which is a real shame as all the money goes straight to helping people with cancer in Norfolk. That said we've got applications in from many people who have walked before and love the event, which is great.
'Plus the good news is, there's still time to enter.'
Last year, just under 600 people took part in the Evening News-supported walk and more than �52,000 was raised.
People who have so far signed up include Wendy Clifton, who lost her husband Steven to cancer, and Wayne Howe, who is walking in memory of his twin brother Vincent.
Registration costs �25, all of which goes to Macmillan Cancer Support in Norfolk.
To register, go to www.starlightwalknorwich.co.uk
Are you holding a special fundraising event? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326.