Films revealed for outdoor screenings at Norwich’s Plantation Garden
- Credit: StudioCanal/20th Century Fox/EMI/Disney
Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Top Gun, Monty Python And The Holy Grail and the sing-a-long of The Greatest Showman among the eight films to be screened at the idyllic open-air auditorium this summer.
Outdoor film screenings will return to Norwich's historic Plantation Garden this summer with a line-up that includes Alan Partridge, a Monty Python classic and the sing-a-long of thjis year's mega-box office hit The Greatest Showman.
Cinema City is presenting the series of eight outdoor screenings in the beautiful secret garden on Earlham Road. The Grade II English Heritage-registered Plantation Garden will offers a unique, idyllic open-air auditorium, perfect for watching a movie under the stars.
The screenings will begin on July 19 with Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, followed by The Greatest Showman - Sing-A-Long on July 20, Top Gun on July 21 and Monty Python And The Holy Grail on July 22.
The following month will see the screenings of the 2017's version of Beauty And The Beast, Starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, on August 16, Terminator 2: Judgement Day on August 17 and Stand By Me on August 19.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have also teased that they have another special film lined-up for August 18, with details to be revealed later.
Previous year's Picturehouse Pop-Up screenings in this unique Norwich feature have proved a big hit.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 6 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 10 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
Jenny Allison, Cinema City marketing manager, said 'We're so excited to be returning to this truly unique setting. There is something really magical about the Plantation Garden and to watch a film under the stars — in hopefully nice weather — is a perfect way to spend a summer's evening.
'In previous years people have really gotten into the spirit of the event and worn fancy dress of their favourite characters. We certainly hope to see some Terminators and some Knights of the Round Table this year!'
Screenings will take place around 8.30pm or 9pm, or as soon as it becomes dark. Gates will open at 7.30pm.
This year, Cinema City's The Dining Rooms kitchen team will be on hand to serve up some BBQ food.
• To buy tickets for these events, visit Picturehouse Pop-Up