‘Serious’ accident involving cyclist closes busy Norwich road
- Credit: Archant
A busy Norwich road had to be closed after a 'serious' accident involving a cyclist.
Emergency services were called to Fifers Lane, in the north of the city, at around 7.15pm on Saturday March 16.
One on-looker, who did not want to be named, described the cyclist as being in a 'serious condition' and lying in the centre of the road.
It is believed that the person was involved in a collision with a vehicle, near to the Ives Road roundabout.
Norfolk police on scene closed the road for more than hour and crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were also in attendance to treat the patient.
You may also want to watch:
The condition of the cyclist is currently unknown.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle