‘Serious’ accident involving cyclist closes busy Norwich road
- Credit: Archant
A busy Norwich road had to be closed after a 'serious' accident involving a cyclist.
Emergency services were called to Fifers Lane, in the north of the city, at around 7.15pm on Saturday March 16.
One on-looker, who did not want to be named, described the cyclist as being in a 'serious condition' and lying in the centre of the road.
It is believed that the person was involved in a collision with a vehicle, near to the Ives Road roundabout.
Norfolk police on scene closed the road for more than hour and crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were also in attendance to treat the patient.
You may also want to watch:
The condition of the cyclist is currently unknown.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?