Fiery fun with dragons at city shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Roaring half-term fun is being lined up at Castle Mall in the city centre over the next few days.
The shopping centre is going dragon crazy in support of Norwich Dragon Festival.
From today until Friday, Castle Mall will be holding free dragon-themed activities suitable for the whole family to enjoy.
Today, Jurassic Encounters will be paying a visit to Castle Mall and bringing with them some scary friends. Families will be able to see, hold and learn about a wide variety of animals from Jurassic's experts.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, there will be free dragon-themed face painting and on Thursday a chance to create a fiery dragon mask in Castle Mall's craft workshop.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 5 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 8 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 9 Man who took baby from Norfolk hospital to be sentenced
- 10 Woman arrested after city centre row
On Friday, youngsters can design their own dragon by decorating a themed cup cake for a £1 donation to Castle Mall's charity of the year, Star Throwers.
All activities take place outside Gifted on level two.
Castle Mall is also taking part in The Dragon's Spell Trail, one of Norwich Dragon Festival's events.
The trail, written by award -winning poet George Szirtes, will lead people to seek out 20 fiery dragons hidden at locations around the city centre.
Once those taking part have unlocked the secret code by finding all the dragons, they will be able to enter a competition.
Dragon's Spell Trail forms can be picked up from the Forum during the Dragon Festival, which ends on February 23.
Vicky Merrison, marketing manager at Castle Mall, said: 'We are delighted to be able to show support for our city's Dragon Festival, organised by Norwich HEART and to entertain our shoppers during half-term.
'It should all be really good fun and we hope to see lots of families attending the free activities.'
Visit www.castlemallnorwich.co.uk or call Castle Mall on 01603 766430.
Are you organising special half-term activities? Email email@example.com