Festive church production sees thousands in attendance
- Credit: Courtesy of SOUL Church
Some 5,400 people attended a free festive production in a Norwich church this week.
Soul Church, on Mason Road, welcomed the public to a festive production which included Christmas songs, Disney characters and numerous talented performers, appealing to children of all ages.
Due to popularity, the church's 600-seat auditorium sold out, leaving several viewers having to watch on big screens in the 'overflow' area of the church. The production was also broadcasted online.
Pastor Jon Norman said: 'The Wonder is our gift back to the people of Norwich.
'The possibility of hosting The Wonder over two weekends next year to ensure that, as the event continues to grow, everyone has a chance to be a part of the magic.'
More than 400 volunteers took part in the project, both on stage, behind the scenes, serving coffee and in the car parks.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 3 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 4 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 5 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 6 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 7 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 8 Clinic shuts after more than 40 years with £60k losses due to Covid
- 9 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 10 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale