Norwich food festival and gala dinner held in city centre to celebrate best of region’s food and drink
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a much-loved Norwich food festival are getting ready to welcome the public to the Forum on Father's Day.
Norwich Food & Drink Festival, an annual celebration of the region's food and drink, will be held this year on Sunday, June 17.
The free, one-day event, which is sponsored by Cozens-Hardy, boasts a wealth of food and drink experiences for all ages, from a street food market and pop up festival bar to a Splat The Dad game and kids' 'foodie fun' zone
The event is organised by Norfolk Food & Drink, and also boasts live music, cookery demonstrations, and a hog roast.
And the popular cooking contest, Battle of the Bangers, will return for its fourteenth and final year, with a selection of mouth watering sausages on offer from ten of the county's best butchers.
Sarah de Chair, chair of Norfolk Food & Drink, said: 'It really is no small undertaking, involving over 1,000lbs of sausage meat every year, so we have decided it is time to let them hang up their aprons and enjoy a well-deserved rest.
'But not, of course, before one final epic Battle.'
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
Anna Stevenson, Norfolk Food & Drink co-ordinator added: 'We are a not-for-profit organisation, and receive no public funding, so we are 100pc dependent on the support of the amazing companies and individuals who give so generously, and allow us to continue to host this as a free event in the heart of the city.
'So, our sincere thanks to them all as without them, the Norwich Food & Drink Festival quite simply would not happen'.
Norfolk Food & Drink are also hosting their second Patron's Gala Dinner, on Friday, July 6, at the Norwich Lower School.
The event will feature some of Norfolk's best known and loved chefs and restaurateurs, and guests will enjoy food, drink, cheese and coffee from across the county.
The starter will be created by Richard Bainbridge; the main course cooked by Nick Mills and Chris Busby; and the dessert prepared by Richard Hughes and former Great British Bake Off contestant, and Norfolk Food & Drink Champion 2018, Kate Barmby.
Tickets to the evening are selling fast and priced at £100 per person, including a G&T or glass of fizz, courtesy of Adnams.
To book, visit the Norfolk Food & Drink website or call 01603 974075.
Norfolk Food & Drink was set up in 2004, to support the food and drink industry in Norfolk.