Festival Diaries: Kate Roma, Future Radio presenter
Mary HamiltonKate Roma, presenter and producer of Future Radio's weekly arts programme, shares her diary for the day.Mary Hamilton
Kate Roma, presenter and producer of Future Radio's weekly arts programme, shares her diary for the day.
It's that time of year again - festival season is well and truly upon us!
As arts co-ordinator at Future Radio, Norwich's community alternative radio station, this time of year brings many challenges.
The team of Platform correspondents aim to preview and review as many of the wonderful, diverse events taking place across our city during the Norfolk and Norwich Festival and the Norwich Fringe Festival as possible.
You may also want to watch:
The show's ethos is to go behind the scenes to report in depth on all matters concerning the arts and culture in Norwich and Norfolk, and this couldn't be done without a huge team effort and commitment form all those working on Platform.
Already Future Radio has broadcast interviews with the amazing Camille O'Sullivan, who wowed audiences at the Theatre Royal on Sunday, Kurt Perschke, the man behind the Red Ball Project, and also Casper and Jayden, two of the children from Catton Grove Primary School who are responsible for some of the cutting-edge haircuts seen around town - all part of Haircuts by Children.
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 7 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 8 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
There are only a few days left but still so much more to pack in.
As I write, I am wondering what on earth I will wear at tonight's Spiegel Shake-up hosted by the BoNanafana Social Club - I think it's time to dust off the corset.
This is an event that you need to dress up for - last year I wore fruit on my head. Anything goes!
� Platform is broadcast weekly on Sundays between 5pm and 6pm on Future Radio 96.9FM.
� Norfolk & Norwich Festival runs from May 7-22, 2010.
� To book tickets, call 01603 766400 or visit www.nnf10.org.uk