Festival Diaries: Ian Findlater
Mary HamiltonIan Findlater, group director at Festival sponsor May Gurney, shares his thoughts for the day.Mary Hamilton
Ian Findlater, group director at Festival sponsor May Gurney, shares his thoughts for the day.
Normally I would be spending my weekend in the garden topping up the bird-feeders or walking in the countryside with friends.
Today I will be in a city park with more street performers, acrobats and musicians than you can shake a stick at and thousands of men, women and children from all over the county enjoying the Norfolk & Norwich Festival Garden Party.
The Festival Garden Party is the centerpiece of the MG Free programme sponsored by May Gurney at this year's Festival - a two-day free party crammed full of music, dance, theatre, comedy and who knows what else!
You may also want to watch:
I love the idea that I have been part of something that gives so many people the chance to look at their world in a new way through this sort of free event that anyone can attend and everyone can enjoy.
This year's MG Free events have included the amazing Parklife by NoFit State Circus with its workshops and creative exchange sessions, the huge pyrotechnics show in Earlham Park and the Festival's riotous launch event.
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
But best of all, through our sponsorship, we've been able to work with a group of extraordinary young people from The Garage who are working with the Festival team to learn all about promoting music and arts events.
Perhaps these people will be the performers and promoters of future festivals?
Norfolk & Norwich Festival Garden Party is today and tomorrow from 11am to 5pm in Chapelfield Gardens, Norwich.
For more information on the Festival or to book tickets for events visit www.nnf10.org.uk or call the box office on 01603 766400.