Father’s Day at Whitlingham Broad, near Norwich a success
Dads and their sons ignored the rain to enjoy Father's Day at Whitlingham Broad near Norwich.
Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre held its summer family adventure day today.
Visitors could take part in a string of activities including sailing, canoeing, kayaking, climbing and archery.
Gary Winter, the centre's business development manager, said: 'It went surprisingly well considering the weather. A lot of people were put off by the weather the previous day.
'We had boats constantly going out, and what was nice was that there were a lot of new faces. It's good to see different people trying out new sports and activities.
You may also want to watch:
'We must have had a couple of hundred people visit, including a lot of families, including grandmas and grandpas.'
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison