Father’s Day at Whitlingham Broad, near Norwich a success
Dads and their sons ignored the rain to enjoy Father's Day at Whitlingham Broad near Norwich.
Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre held its summer family adventure day today.
Visitors could take part in a string of activities including sailing, canoeing, kayaking, climbing and archery.
Gary Winter, the centre's business development manager, said: 'It went surprisingly well considering the weather. A lot of people were put off by the weather the previous day.
'We had boats constantly going out, and what was nice was that there were a lot of new faces. It's good to see different people trying out new sports and activities.
You may also want to watch:
'We must have had a couple of hundred people visit, including a lot of families, including grandmas and grandpas.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat