‘No frills’ Norwich pub celebrates ninth award win
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Norwich has been awarded Beer Pub of the Year 2019 by The Good Pub Guide taking the total number of times it has scooped the prize up to nine.
The Fat Cat on West End Street opened in 1991 and of the years it has been trading has been awarded Beer Pub of the Year in 1998, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018 and now 2019.
The latest edition of The Good Pub Guide, which was released September 6, describes The Fat Cat as 'a classic town pub with a quite extraordinary range of quickly changing ales kept perfectly by the landlord and his helpful staff'.
This win comes shortly after fellow member of the Fat Cat family The Fat Cat Brewery Tap was voted the best pub in Norwich.
Landlord Colin Keatley said 'It is a great honour to receive this award from such a prestigious guide.
'To win 'Beer Pub of The Year' for the ninth time is great recognition for the hard work we put in to ensure that we serve the very best ales from across the U.K.
You may also want to watch:
'We are a no-frills pub: no fruit machines, no music, no food etc and our emphasis, and what we have built our reputation on, is serving a vast range of good quality, well-kept, ales at a reasonable price.
'It's a very simple business model and something we aim to continue doing for many years to come.'
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 7 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 8 Norwich man wanted by police
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
Have you had a pint at The Fat Cat? Let us know in the comments.