‘No frills’ Norwich pub celebrates ninth award win
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Norwich has been awarded Beer Pub of the Year 2019 by The Good Pub Guide taking the total number of times it has scooped the prize up to nine.
The Fat Cat on West End Street opened in 1991 and of the years it has been trading has been awarded Beer Pub of the Year in 1998, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018 and now 2019.
The latest edition of The Good Pub Guide, which was released September 6, describes The Fat Cat as 'a classic town pub with a quite extraordinary range of quickly changing ales kept perfectly by the landlord and his helpful staff'.
This win comes shortly after fellow member of the Fat Cat family The Fat Cat Brewery Tap was voted the best pub in Norwich.
Landlord Colin Keatley said 'It is a great honour to receive this award from such a prestigious guide.
'To win 'Beer Pub of The Year' for the ninth time is great recognition for the hard work we put in to ensure that we serve the very best ales from across the U.K.
You may also want to watch:
'We are a no-frills pub: no fruit machines, no music, no food etc and our emphasis, and what we have built our reputation on, is serving a vast range of good quality, well-kept, ales at a reasonable price.
'It's a very simple business model and something we aim to continue doing for many years to come.'
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Have you had a pint at The Fat Cat? Let us know in the comments.