‘No frills’ Norwich pub celebrates ninth award win
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Norwich has been awarded Beer Pub of the Year 2019 by The Good Pub Guide taking the total number of times it has scooped the prize up to nine.
The Fat Cat on West End Street opened in 1991 and of the years it has been trading has been awarded Beer Pub of the Year in 1998, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018 and now 2019.
The latest edition of The Good Pub Guide, which was released September 6, describes The Fat Cat as 'a classic town pub with a quite extraordinary range of quickly changing ales kept perfectly by the landlord and his helpful staff'.
This win comes shortly after fellow member of the Fat Cat family The Fat Cat Brewery Tap was voted the best pub in Norwich.
Landlord Colin Keatley said 'It is a great honour to receive this award from such a prestigious guide.
'To win 'Beer Pub of The Year' for the ninth time is great recognition for the hard work we put in to ensure that we serve the very best ales from across the U.K.
'We are a no-frills pub: no fruit machines, no music, no food etc and our emphasis, and what we have built our reputation on, is serving a vast range of good quality, well-kept, ales at a reasonable price.
'It's a very simple business model and something we aim to continue doing for many years to come.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 7 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store
Have you had a pint at The Fat Cat? Let us know in the comments.