Fashion says viva Espa�a!
As Norwich prepares for the visit of Ballet Nacional de Espa�a as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, Emma Harrowing takes a look at how you can add a touch of Mediterranean glamour to your summer look. Photos by Denise Bradley.
You've got your floral dress, a classic blazer, a pair of shorts, a basic blouse and you have dabbled in this season's bright colours, even if it is just by wearing a pair of hot pink shoes; now there is a way to give your summer wardrobe a different twist – a Spanish twist.
Try wearing a pair of shorts with a cropped blazer matador style, keep your palazzo pants chic with a simple vest and wear your floral dress with a flower in your hair.
Think feminine, think flirty, think feisty if you really want to pull off this look.
With Spain's national ballet – Ballet Nacional de Espana – coming to the Theatre Royal as part of the Norfolk and Norwich festival, the Life Matters team have gone Flamenco crazy with floaty dresses, ruffles and brightly coloured scarves which can be worn in the hair, around the neck or as a shawl.
You may also want to watch:
The ballet will be performing two pieces during the festival – Dualia, choreographed by flamenco stars Rojas and Rodriguez, and La Leyenda, which tells the life of famous flamenco star Carmen Amaya and her rise from the slums of Barcelona to the glamour of the Americ an stage in the 1930s and 1940s.
The glamour of the 1930s is tipped to be a trend for AW11 and although the dancers will not necessarily be performing in butterfly sleeves, bias cut and backless dresses, the new age of glamour will be alluded to through the performance.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
Ballet Nacional de Espana is at the Norwich Theatre Royal on Friday May 20 at 7.45pm and Saturday May 21 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm
Take a look at the Life Matters Spanish inspired fashion shoot by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right hand side of the page.
Model: Nisha Ellis
Hair: Niki Arterton from City College Norwich
Makeup: Millie Stammers from City College Norwich