Fashion says viva Espa�a!
As Norwich prepares for the visit of Ballet Nacional de Espa�a as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, Emma Harrowing takes a look at how you can add a touch of Mediterranean glamour to your summer look. Photos by Denise Bradley.
You've got your floral dress, a classic blazer, a pair of shorts, a basic blouse and you have dabbled in this season's bright colours, even if it is just by wearing a pair of hot pink shoes; now there is a way to give your summer wardrobe a different twist – a Spanish twist.
Try wearing a pair of shorts with a cropped blazer matador style, keep your palazzo pants chic with a simple vest and wear your floral dress with a flower in your hair.
Think feminine, think flirty, think feisty if you really want to pull off this look.
With Spain's national ballet – Ballet Nacional de Espana – coming to the Theatre Royal as part of the Norfolk and Norwich festival, the Life Matters team have gone Flamenco crazy with floaty dresses, ruffles and brightly coloured scarves which can be worn in the hair, around the neck or as a shawl.
You may also want to watch:
The ballet will be performing two pieces during the festival – Dualia, choreographed by flamenco stars Rojas and Rodriguez, and La Leyenda, which tells the life of famous flamenco star Carmen Amaya and her rise from the slums of Barcelona to the glamour of the Americ an stage in the 1930s and 1940s.
The glamour of the 1930s is tipped to be a trend for AW11 and although the dancers will not necessarily be performing in butterfly sleeves, bias cut and backless dresses, the new age of glamour will be alluded to through the performance.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
Ballet Nacional de Espana is at the Norwich Theatre Royal on Friday May 20 at 7.45pm and Saturday May 21 at 2.30pm and 7.45pm
Take a look at the Life Matters Spanish inspired fashion shoot by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right hand side of the page.
Model: Nisha Ellis
Hair: Niki Arterton from City College Norwich
Makeup: Millie Stammers from City College Norwich