Fashion photography at it’s best at Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week isn't just about clothes and accessories, it's also about celebrating local talent in fashion. Up and coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford is taking the city by storm with her unique fashion photography exhibition at The Library Restaurant.
Charlotte Rutherford opened her first fashion photography exhibition at Norwich Fashion Week today.
The 18 year old from Norwich is showing a collection of her fashion photographs at The Library Restaurant off Guildhall Hill, which has become the main venue for Norwich Fashion Week.
The young photographer combines self-portraiture and fashion in an attempt to create visually pleasing and thought-provoking work.
Most of the photographs are of models wearing vintage and vintage inspired fashion.
You may also want to watch:
'The inspiration for my photographs usually comes from one obsure object such as a red suitcase,' says Charlotte.
'I'm interested in the human form and I'm drawn to fashion as it's about fantasy and escapism.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
These influences feature heavily in Charlotte's contemporary work.
'Some of the effects I use I create in Photoshop and others are on set such as the smoke which is created using a smoke or flour bomb.'
Charlotte has been offered a place at Bouremouth University but decided to take a year out to concerntrate on her photography.
Her exhibition runs until Thursday.