Fashion photography at it’s best at Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week isn't just about clothes and accessories, it's also about celebrating local talent in fashion. Up and coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford is taking the city by storm with her unique fashion photography exhibition at The Library Restaurant.
Charlotte Rutherford opened her first fashion photography exhibition at Norwich Fashion Week today.
The 18 year old from Norwich is showing a collection of her fashion photographs at The Library Restaurant off Guildhall Hill, which has become the main venue for Norwich Fashion Week.
The young photographer combines self-portraiture and fashion in an attempt to create visually pleasing and thought-provoking work.
Most of the photographs are of models wearing vintage and vintage inspired fashion.
'The inspiration for my photographs usually comes from one obsure object such as a red suitcase,' says Charlotte.
'I'm interested in the human form and I'm drawn to fashion as it's about fantasy and escapism.'
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 4 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
These influences feature heavily in Charlotte's contemporary work.
'Some of the effects I use I create in Photoshop and others are on set such as the smoke which is created using a smoke or flour bomb.'
Charlotte has been offered a place at Bouremouth University but decided to take a year out to concerntrate on her photography.
Her exhibition runs until Thursday.