Fashion photography at it’s best at Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week isn't just about clothes and accessories, it's also about celebrating local talent in fashion. Up and coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford is taking the city by storm with her unique fashion photography exhibition at The Library Restaurant.
Charlotte Rutherford opened her first fashion photography exhibition at Norwich Fashion Week today.
The 18 year old from Norwich is showing a collection of her fashion photographs at The Library Restaurant off Guildhall Hill, which has become the main venue for Norwich Fashion Week.
The young photographer combines self-portraiture and fashion in an attempt to create visually pleasing and thought-provoking work.
Most of the photographs are of models wearing vintage and vintage inspired fashion.
You may also want to watch:
'The inspiration for my photographs usually comes from one obsure object such as a red suitcase,' says Charlotte.
'I'm interested in the human form and I'm drawn to fashion as it's about fantasy and escapism.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
These influences feature heavily in Charlotte's contemporary work.
'Some of the effects I use I create in Photoshop and others are on set such as the smoke which is created using a smoke or flour bomb.'
Charlotte has been offered a place at Bouremouth University but decided to take a year out to concerntrate on her photography.
Her exhibition runs until Thursday.