Fashion photography at it’s best at Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week isn't just about clothes and accessories, it's also about celebrating local talent in fashion. Up and coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford is taking the city by storm with her unique fashion photography exhibition at The Library Restaurant.
Charlotte Rutherford opened her first fashion photography exhibition at Norwich Fashion Week today.
The 18 year old from Norwich is showing a collection of her fashion photographs at The Library Restaurant off Guildhall Hill, which has become the main venue for Norwich Fashion Week.
The young photographer combines self-portraiture and fashion in an attempt to create visually pleasing and thought-provoking work.
Most of the photographs are of models wearing vintage and vintage inspired fashion.
You may also want to watch:
'The inspiration for my photographs usually comes from one obsure object such as a red suitcase,' says Charlotte.
'I'm interested in the human form and I'm drawn to fashion as it's about fantasy and escapism.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
These influences feature heavily in Charlotte's contemporary work.
'Some of the effects I use I create in Photoshop and others are on set such as the smoke which is created using a smoke or flour bomb.'
Charlotte has been offered a place at Bouremouth University but decided to take a year out to concerntrate on her photography.
Her exhibition runs until Thursday.