Fashion photography at it’s best at Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich Fashion Week isn't just about clothes and accessories, it's also about celebrating local talent in fashion. Up and coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford is taking the city by storm with her unique fashion photography exhibition at The Library Restaurant.
Charlotte Rutherford opened her first fashion photography exhibition at Norwich Fashion Week today.
The 18 year old from Norwich is showing a collection of her fashion photographs at The Library Restaurant off Guildhall Hill, which has become the main venue for Norwich Fashion Week.
The young photographer combines self-portraiture and fashion in an attempt to create visually pleasing and thought-provoking work.
Most of the photographs are of models wearing vintage and vintage inspired fashion.
You may also want to watch:
'The inspiration for my photographs usually comes from one obsure object such as a red suitcase,' says Charlotte.
'I'm interested in the human form and I'm drawn to fashion as it's about fantasy and escapism.'
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
These influences feature heavily in Charlotte's contemporary work.
'Some of the effects I use I create in Photoshop and others are on set such as the smoke which is created using a smoke or flour bomb.'
Charlotte has been offered a place at Bouremouth University but decided to take a year out to concerntrate on her photography.
Her exhibition runs until Thursday.