Fashion: Fly high this autumn with the aviator jacket
If you want to look sharp and fly high in the fashion stakes this season, there is one key piece of kit you need – the aviator jacket.
Fearless fashionistas are not daunted by a few gale force gusts this season as the dashingly daring aviator look is taking the city by storm. Team khaki harems with leather and shearling ankle boots for a look that will have you flying high this autumn and winter.
If you want to look like a magnificent woman in your flying machine there is only one piece of kit you need to buy – the aviator jacket.
Once the uniform for our war heros in the skies, the flight, pilot or bomber jacket is a fashion staple this autumn as vintage comes into the mainstream.
It's true that big boxy jackets can make you look more Biggles than Balenciaga, but the new generation of aviator jacket is short, fitted and very flattering.
You may also want to watch:
So what do you wear with this season's must-have jacket?
The key is to keep it simple. Avoid embellishments, accessory overload and anything too bling, unless you want to look like a hip hop has been. Instead wear a crisp white shirt, peg leg chinos, harems or turned up jeans and scarf, as seen at Betty Barclay. Wear the harem, jean or chinos with a sharp stiletto heel boot.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
The winter short will also look great teamed with a pair of opaque tights and a pair of lace up ankle boots with, of course, shearling for added fashion points.
Alternatively wear over a simple jersey dress in grey, camel or khaki, for a low key look that oozes style.