Fashion: Fly high this autumn with the aviator jacket
If you want to look sharp and fly high in the fashion stakes this season, there is one key piece of kit you need – the aviator jacket.
Fearless fashionistas are not daunted by a few gale force gusts this season as the dashingly daring aviator look is taking the city by storm. Team khaki harems with leather and shearling ankle boots for a look that will have you flying high this autumn and winter.
If you want to look like a magnificent woman in your flying machine there is only one piece of kit you need to buy – the aviator jacket.
Once the uniform for our war heros in the skies, the flight, pilot or bomber jacket is a fashion staple this autumn as vintage comes into the mainstream.
It's true that big boxy jackets can make you look more Biggles than Balenciaga, but the new generation of aviator jacket is short, fitted and very flattering.
You may also want to watch:
So what do you wear with this season's must-have jacket?
The key is to keep it simple. Avoid embellishments, accessory overload and anything too bling, unless you want to look like a hip hop has been. Instead wear a crisp white shirt, peg leg chinos, harems or turned up jeans and scarf, as seen at Betty Barclay. Wear the harem, jean or chinos with a sharp stiletto heel boot.
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 5 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 7 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 8 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 9 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
The winter short will also look great teamed with a pair of opaque tights and a pair of lace up ankle boots with, of course, shearling for added fashion points.
Alternatively wear over a simple jersey dress in grey, camel or khaki, for a low key look that oozes style.