Family fun returns as Hollywood Bowl to reopen
Norwich’s Hollywood Bowl is planning to reopen on July 4.
New safety measures will see bowlers given the option of wearing disposable gloves while playing and wearing their own footwear.
The firm is reopening 54 centres out of more than 60 across the country and bookings are now being taken for the Norwich Riverside site.
New cleaning and social distancing measures have been introduced, including a reduction in the number of lanes available and amusement machines and bar and diner seating will be spaced out. There will be reduced customer capacity and groups will be restricted a maximum of six people, with bowlers asked to arrive slightly ahead of their booking time.
Stephen Burns, chief executive at Hollywood Bowl Group, said: “The health and safety of our customers and team remains our priority.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether it’s to bowl, enjoy the amusement areas, have a bite to eat or something to drink, we want to assure our customers that we are doing everything we can to create a safe and fun experience for families to return to.
“We look forward to welcoming them back through our doors very soon.”
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
Customers can make bookings on the Hollywood Bowl website.
Norwich’s other bowling alley, Superbowl in Castle Quarter, remains closed and has not yet announced reopening plans.