Families enjoy Norwich’s tree art trail
Families have been having fun following a festive tree trail through the city.
The NORWICHRISTMAS Tree Art Trail features 21 trees created by artists and local groups - and the eclectic collection of trees feature everything from Brussels sprouts to birds to graffiti art.
The trail - a Norwich City Centre Partnership project managed by Norwich Arts Centre - was launched last month and since then people young and old have been challenged to find and collect stamps from 10 of the trees to be in with a chance of winning prizes. So far hundreds of people have taken up the quest - and more people are being encouraged to join in the festive fun.
Grace Jackson, from Norwich Arts Centre, said: 'It has been great to see families and all different types of people moving around the city together, discussing their favourite designs and maybe ending up in places they wouldn't usually go. The designs are so different that you don't know what you'll see at the next site.'
Jacqui Mackay, 39 and who lives in Nelson Street, is taking part in the trail with her partner Toby Batch, 40, and their children Tyrnan, five, Freya, three, and Magnus, two.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The trees are absolutely fantastic, really creative, and the children have absolutely loved the trees they have seen. It is a really fun idea and we are looking forward to seeing all of the trees. It is a good way of exploring the city.'
The trail will run throughout the festive period.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
• For more on the trail and how to take part visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk or pick up a leaflet at one of the trees.