Local rock band Falling From Trees to release new EP ‘Sleepless Nights’
- Credit: Supplied by Falling From Trees
Hot off the back of the release of their debut single, Falling From Trees are set to release their brand new EP 'Sleepless Nights' on Friday June 1, 2018.
Based in Norwich, the band comprises of Rebecca White on lead vocals, Leo White on lead guitar and vocals, Adam White on rhythm guitar and backing vocals, Joey Scampion on bass guitar and backing vocals and Sam Ball on drums.
Formed in late 2013, originally as an acoustic three-piece, the White siblings came together to formalise their musical endeavours, combining folk and blues influences with soulful, jazz-tinged vocals and melodies.
Under this formation they released two EPs, both of which received considerable airplay and critical acclaim. They gigged relentlessly during this time which saw them become regulars in the Norwich music scene which ultimately lead to a support slot for Mark Flanagan of Jools Holland fame at the Southwold Arts Festival and a set for BBC Voices at the Lord Mayor's Celebration.
In 2017, Falling From Tress expanded to include Joey Scampion and Sam Bell. This inspired their previously folk inspired sound to take a more rock orientated approach.
You may also want to watch:
Falling From Trees are set to release their brand new 5-track EP 'Sleepless Nights' Friday June 1 - their first multi-track release as a five-piece band.
This EP is a showcase of their dynamic sound which sees them bid farewell to their stripped back acoustic vibe and bring forth a bold new approach, combining their signature vocal harmonies and melodic song writing with gritty electric guitars and a powerful rhythm section.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Tenants living in freezing, dark flats after power went out FIVE days ago
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
The tracks that form this EP draw influences from all over the place, fusing together genres but still held together by the band's unmistakable style.